Based on a custom-designed ASIC multi-channel SSI controller, the card provides four independent input channels. Each channel reads encoder position into a 32-bit register at clock speeds of up to 2.78MHz. Input channels may be configured to operate with a wide range of encoder types and cable lengths. This enables both OEMs and end-users to create fully-featured and highly flexible PC-based measurement systems.
A comprehensive software support package includes libraries and examples for modern rapid application development tools such as Visual Basic, Visual 'C', DotNET and LabVIEW. Plug 'n' Play software support for 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows XP/Vista/Win 7/8/10 enables simple installation and automatic configuration of up to 6 interfaces supporting a total of 24 encoders. The card is also supplied with a multi-axis digital readout program which is useful for system verification and experimentation.
- 4 x 32-bit position registers
- Programmable data & scan rates
- Programmable bit length
- Synchronisation and triggering facilities
- 48 configurable digital IO
- Power fail/parity detection
- Gray/binary formats
- ±5v & ±12v fused encoder supplies
- x1 PCIe 2.0 Plug 'n' Play compatible
- Support & demonstration software USB