Import Duty and Taxes
All import duties and local taxes are the liability of the purchaser (Delivered Duty Unpaid - DDU).
All transactions will be completed in GBP, using the GBP pricing as shown on the product website or in the shoping basket when GBP is selected. Currency conversions shown in our shopping basket are for your guidance only and are based on prevailing rates on the date of the transaction.
Product out of Stock
In the unlikely event of an item being temporarily out of stock, we will contact you to discuss delivery.
All goods can be returned in original unopened packaging within 14 days of purchase. Goods which have been removed from the original packaging will incur a £25 re-test charge.
Deva products are designed and manufactured in the UK and include a 3 year warranty.
General conditions of sale
1. All quotations are made and all orders are accepted subject to the following terms and conditions and no addition thereto or variation therein shall be made unless agreed in writing by the parties.
Validity of Quotations
2. We reserve the right to refuse your acceptance of a quotation unless such quotation is stated to be open for a specific period and is not withdrawn within such period.
3. Catalogues, price lists and other advertising matter are only an indication of the type of goods offered and no prices or other particulars contained therein shall be binding on us.
4. Any times quoted for despatch are to be treated as estimates only and we shall not be liable for failure to despatch within such time unless you have suffered loss thereby and the amount payable in respect thereof shall have been agreed in writing as liquidated damages, in which case our liability shall be limited to the amount so agreed to be paid. In all cases, whether a time for despatch be quoted or not, the time for despatch shall be extended by a reasonable period if delay in despatch is caused by instructions or lack of instructions from you, or by industrial dispute, or by any cause whatsoever beyond our reasonable control.
5. If by reason of instructions or lack of instructions from you despatch in accordance with the contract is delayed for 14 days after you have been notified that the goods are ready for despatch, the property in the goods shall pass to yourselves who shall take delivery or arrange for storage and for purposes of Clause 10 (payment) the goods shall thereupon be deemed to have been delivered. If and for so long as our storage facilities permit, we may store the goods and you shall pay a reasonable charge therefore.
6. Unless otherwise specified in our tender, the price quoted excludes delivery.
Loss or Damage in Transit
7. When the price quoted includes delivery, we shall repair or replace free of charge goods damaged in transit or not delivered in accordance with the Advice Note; provided that we are given written notification of such damage or non-delivery within such time as will enable us to comply with the carrier's conditions of carriage as affecting loss or damage in transit, or, where delivery is made by our own transport, within a reasonable time, after receipt, of the Advice Note.
8. Packing cases, skids, drums and other packing materials, if charged for, will be credited in full if returned in good condition carriage paid to us within one month of delivery of the goods.
9. Unless otherwise agreed, goods rejected by you as not complying with the contract must be so rejected within 7 days of receipt by you.
10. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment in full is due in respect of any goods delivered.
Defects After Delivery
11. We will make good, by repair or at our option by the supply of a replacement, defects which, under proper use, appear in the goods within a period of twelve calendar months after the goods have been delivered and arise solely from faulty design, materials or workmanship; provided always that the defective parts have been returned to us if we shall have so required.
Our liability under this clause shall be in lieu of any warranty or condition implied by law as to the quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the goods, and save as provided in this clause we shall not be under any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, in respect of defects in goods delivered or for any injury (other than personal injury caused by our negligence as defined in Section I of the Unfair Contract Terms Act, 1977), damage or loss resulting from such defects or from any work done in connection therewith. Provided however that nothing in this clause shall operate to exclude any warranty or condition implied by law as to the quality of the goods in the event that the goods when sold by you or when sold by any person or persons to whom you may sell the goods shall become the subject of a consumer sale as defined in the Sale of Goods Act, 1979, or any statutory re-enactment or modification thereof except to the extent that any claim under such warranty or condition shall have arisen from any act or omission by you or by any other person or persons selling the goods by way of a consumer sale.
12. We will indemnify you against any claim of infringement of Letters Patent, Registered Design, Trade Mark or Copyright (published at the date of the Contract) by the use or sale of any article or material supplied by us to you and against all costs and damages which you may incur in any action for such infringement or for which you may become liable in any such action; provided always that this indemnity shall not apply to any infringement which is due to our having followed a design or instruction furnished or given by you or to the use of such article or material in a manner or for a purpose or in a foreign country not specified by or disclosed to us, or to any infringement which is due to the use of such article or material in association or combination with any other article or material not supplied by us. And provided also that this indemnity is conditional on your making no admission in respect of such alleged infringement and giving us the earliest possible notice in writing of any claim being made or action threatened or brought against you and on your permitting us at our own expense to conduct any litigation that may ensue and all negotiations for a settlement of the claim. You on your part warrant that any design or instruction furnished or given by you shall not be such as will cause us to infringe any Letters Patent, Registered Design, Trade Mark or Copyright in the execution of your order.
13. Upon expiry of the defects liability period specified in, Clause 11, we shall be under no further obligation or liability to you either under the contract or in tort (including but not limited to negligence), unless within 14 days thereafter you shall have given us written notice of any matter in respect of which we remain obliged or liable to you. You shall issue to us a final certificate to the effect that we have fulfilled all our obligations and liabilities to you immediately upon expiry of the said period of 14 days or, in the event that you have given us notice as aforesaid, which we have not disputed, immediately upon our having dealt with the matter(s) specified therein.
14. If at any time any question, dispute or difference whatsoever shall arise between you and ourselves upon, in relation to or in connection with the contract, either of us may give to the other notice in writing of the existence of such question dispute or difference, and the same shall be referred to the arbitration of a person to be mutually agreed upon, or failing agreement within 14 days of receipt of such notice, of some person appointed by the President for the time being of the Institution of Electrical Engineers.
15. Unless otherwise agreed in writing the contract shall in all respects be construed and operate as an English contract and in conformity with English law.
Statutory and Other Regulations
16. If the cost to us of performing our obligations under the contract shall be increased or reduced by reason of the making or amendment after the date of tender of any law or of any order, regulation, or bye-law having the force of law that shall affect the performance of our obligations under the contract, the amount of such increase or reduction shall be added to or deducted from the contract price as the case may be.
Title of Goods
17. Title of goods will not pass to the buyer until payment has been received in full.